What You’ll Learn in This Course
Before you spend countless hours writing a book proposal or fleshing out chapter summaries, you need to know if you actually have a good book idea.
Are you even in the vicinity of what’s selling right now? Is this what publishers are interested in, or is the subject overdone? Does your unique angle have merit? Are you credible to speak on this topic, or should you take a different route? The last thing you want to do is spend hours and hours developing and writing a bad idea!
Here’s what you’ll learn in this 5-video course:
- How to assess (or create!) the premise of your book and ensure that it’s strong
- How to develop the “promise” of your book — the core benefit that it offers the reader
- The keys to a great hook, the big question or mystery that attracts your reader
- How to figure out exactly who your book is for (so you know who to focus on)
- How to build your book around the compelling felt need of your target reader
Through these videos, you will discover the essential elements of a strong, marketable book idea. Whether you’re just getting started or revising a current manuscript, this course will help you focus your efforts for the best possible result!GET ACCESS
Get Started in Publishing with Expert Guidance
“How Do I Know If I Have a Good Book Idea?” is a 5-video course for both new and seasoned writers looking to start their publishing journey.
This course is for you if…
- You’re new to all things publishing and you have LOTS of questions. You have no clue what to do, where to start, or who to ask!
- You’re wondering what it takes to really be an author. You’ve read a bunch of articles online, but you feel like you need expert advice on what your next steps should be.
This course is comprehensive and packed with information that will help you gain confidence and clarity as you move toward your goal of being published.GET ACCESS
At Yates & Yates Author Coaching, We Believe You Have a Powerful Message… and We Want to Help You Share It!
Formed by professionals from Yates & Yates, one of the nation’s leading literary agencies. We will coach you on how to build a publishing career and maximize your influence. With more than 125 years in publishing, our expertise has been honed over decades of coaching authors on everything from growing a platform to developing content to creating marketing plans and executing bestselling book launches.
You shouldn’t have to “know everything” to become a successful author. That’s our job. We believe that God has uniquely equipped us to help others use their gifts. You bring your talents and message, and we will guide you through the publishing and business aspects of achieving your dream.
Get Access to the Course Now!
Knowing you have a good book idea can give you the momentum you need to write with confidence, complete your manuscript, and successfully pitch it to editors. Take advantage of the opportunity to hear from publishing professionals in this course!