How to Write a Book:
5 Building Blocks for Your Author Career
Why do you want to be an author?
Whether you are staring at blank pages, a half-finished manuscript, or even a full manuscript collecting digital dust, we believe you can change the world with just one book. Is this book idea compelling?
- Someone’s marriage can be saved because they read your work.
- Businesses can grow.
- Families can heal and thrive.
- Dreams can turn into fresh, exciting realities.
Books are powerful instruments that shape lives. And not only that, books are a lasting way to leave a legacy.
But how do you go about writing a book?
Is it as simple as sitting down at your keyboard and typing? Not exactly …
Writing and publishing a book is a massive undertaking. It is not something you want to approach casually and without intention.
- Where do you start
- How do you know if it is any good?
- How do you get in front of a publisher?
- What are your publishing options?
- How do you find and build an audience?
- Are you really qualified and capable of being an author?
The expert literary agents at Yates & Yates Author Coaching have written an ebook for you on these exact same questions.
How to Write a Book:
Five Building Blocks for Your Author Career.
Your book is a way to reach exponentially more people than any speaking gig, sermon, article, or social media post. Your book is also a way to share your idea, story, and conviction in long-form--using illustration, extrapolation, metaphor, testimony, and research. And your book is going to last years into the future, impacting steadily over time even after you are gone.
Does that sound like something
you should take lightly?
If you read How to Write a Book, you’ll receive ...
- 9,000 words of coaching wisdom from literary agents who have been working in publishing for decades
- Opportunity to apply the tips and tools of NY Times Bestselling authors to make sure you avoid mistakes and unnecessary labor
- Five specific, clear action steps for you to take to get you started
- Critical, helpful advice to help you take the next steps towards publishing
Do you have a desire to see your words impact others?
Then maybe now is finally the time to write your book and launch it into the world.
That’s why we created this book. Our team has over 125 collective years of experience working in the publishing industry. We have five agents on our team and work with top publishers around the world, both in New York and in the faith-based space.
Let our track record speak for itself:
- Produced over 40 New York Times bestsellers and over 55 Publishers Weekly bestsellers
- Generated over $130M in publishing contracts in just the last 17 years
- Partnered with publishing houses in dozens of countries all over the world
- Bolstered and served best-selling authors like John Maxwell, Dr. Ben Carson, Jennie Allen, Dr. David Jeremiah, John Eldredge, Voddie Baucham, Jeff and Alyssa Bethke, LaTasha Morrison, and many others.
Your book will not write itself. You have to decide you want it. And then take steps to make it happen.
At Yates & Yates Author Coaching, We Believe in the Power of
Books to Change Lives… and We Want to Help You Share
Your Message with the World!
Did you know that 81% of people believe they have a book in them? And yet fewer than 1% of them will actually get their book published. Why is that? Because writing a book and getting it published is hard.
Created by the team at Yates & Yates, one of the nation’s leading literary agencies, Author Coaching is ready to guide you through this scary, make-or-break moment of the publishing process. With more than 125 collective years of experience in publishing, our expertise has been honed over decades of coaching authors on everything from landing six and seven-figure contracts to growing a platform, developing content, creating marketing plans, and executing bestselling book launches. We’ve shepherded over 40 books to the New York Times bestseller list.
You shouldn’t have to “know everything” to become a successful author. That’s our job. We believe that God has uniquely equipped us to help authors use their gifts. You bring your talents and message and a teachable spirit, and we will champion you to reach your full potential as an author and creative.
“The team at Yates and Yates collaborated with me to craft a book proposal that truly stood out and captured the attention of several publishers. Their vast experience, honest feedback, and coaching throughout the process resulted in multiple strong
offers and ultimately, a book deal with a team that I adore.”
Author Built to Belong, Speaker, Entrepreneur, Leader of the Rising Tide Society